As I’m sure you are aware, the State of Ohio has issued a stay at home order effective March 24, 2020.
Our belief is that cycling is healthy and safe form of exercise that can help all of us through these trying times. It is a recognized fact that exercise can lead to mental health benefits, and I believe that, in this time of crisis, that encouraging people to breathe fresh air and exercise will contribute to the better physical and mental health of all the citizens of Ohio. As such, on bikes, we must all still follow the Federal and State issued guidelines for safe practices, including “Social Distancing”.
For many essential workers, the bicycle serves as a primary mode of transportation, and in places where public transportation may no longer be a safe option, the bicycle is increasingly being used as an alternative way to get around.
We have implemented procedures to protect our health & well being, as well as our customers, and the community. These include regular cleaning and disinfecting of touch surfaces, as well as following other protocols and best practices as recommended by the State and the CDC.
Although it is not “business as usual” at Fifty West, we have decided to remain open. Bicycle shops are designated as essential businesses under the State of Ohio’s order.
We have implemented the following procedures:
1. We ask that our customers please respect the 6 foot distance guidelines.
2. We may limit the number of people in the store to no more than one customer at any time.
3. If you are bringing your bike in for service, please DO NOT bring it into the store, park it in the racks outside by the door, then come in. We will then write up the service order. We have instituted a protocol to clean all bikes before they enter the store. Please remove all accessories, bags, lights etc from your bike. For all roads bikes, we will remove the handlebar tape and replace it with new during the service (this is not an option or negotiable).
4. We are also asking that all transactions be paid with credit card, no cash or checks, please.
5. We are temporarily suspending bike fitting services and bike rentals.
We have also added the following services:
1. Curb side pick up. Call or email ahead and we can arrange for your purchase to be ready when you are. Pick up in our parking lot, no need to come into the store.
2. Online order fulfillment. Although we do not operate as an e-commerce business, several of our key vendors now offer ordering services so that products can be delivered directly to your home. There are literally tens of thousands of bicycle parts and accessories available to be delivered to your door. Please call or email us for more information.
3. Delivery. We will offer free delivery of in stock items for purchases over $250, within a ten mile distance from the store. We also can ship from the store to your home via Fedex. Some exclusions may apply to these policies, please call or email us for more information.
Additionally we ask for your patience, there may be some delays as we navigate through this together.
Stay safe and stay healthy!